Why we are introducing a ballot in 2023?
We are changing things up for 2023 with the introduction of a ballot entry system for our most popular packages. Read on for information on why we are bringing this in and the benefits of getting your name in quickly.
Why we are introducing a ballot for 2023
2023 is a special year for us as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of Race to the Stones and we want as many people to experience the magic of completing an Ultra as possible. By introducing a ballot for places we can ensure the fairest allocation of places across the 100km packages that sold-out pre-COVID. Additionally, we can help raise more money for our charity partners who need it now more than ever. We can also plan the events more efficiently which allows us to avoid passing on rising costs to runners and walkers.
3 reasons to enter the ballot
- The lowest prices: By running a ballot, we can keep our prices lower. If you are successful in the ballot, you will pay less than last year’s general entry fees. Check out the packages pages for more information.
- Entries for a friend: We all know training and taking part in an Ultra requires lots of moral and physical support. Therefore, this year, all those who are successful in the ballot will also receive a unique link for a discounted place to send to a friend. You will have two weeks to find your friend, register, and embark on the journey together.
- No up-front commitment: We won’t be taking money or credit card details to get your name in the ballot. If you are successful, we will send you a Congratulations e-mail with a unique entry link. You will have two weeks to redeem your place and pay the entry fee to secure your spot on the start-line.
Any unclaimed or spare 100km ballot places will be released for general entry on the 1st August. (Along with the 50km entry packages.)
Don’t want to risk the ballot or looking for the cheapest possible entry option?
The majority of places will be allocated via ballot and general entry. However, you can skip the ballot and save up to 79% on your entry fee when you sign up to support one of our charity partners. From 14th June our charity places will also go on sale, with entry from as little as £30, and minimum fundraising targets from £300. We understand not everybody wants to ask for donations to take part in events like these. Although, for those who do this offers a great low cost entry point into fully supported Ultra marathons.
Key dates for your diary:
- 14th June – Ballot Open and Charity Places on sale
- 13th July – Ballot Closes
- 14th July – Successful ballots notified
- 31st July – Last chance to claim your ballot place
- 1st August – General Sales Open
- Head over to our event pages here, to learn more about our packages for 2023.